Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Shower Door Part 2

After breakfast this morning I peeled the duct tape off the magnet on the shower door frame confirming the adhesive had set.

IMG_1460

The surplus adhesive looks a little messy but I’ll remove it with a razor knife.

IMG_1461

The adhesive I used to fill the ‘T’ track in the door has also set but like the frame; it’s ‘lumpy’.  That can also be cleaned up using a razor knife.

After cleaning up the door frame I applied a thin smear of adhesive to the face of the magnet and then placed the piece of rubber (actually it’s plastic) buffer on it

 IMG_1463

The black plastic buffer was then secured with more duct tape

IMG_1464

After cleaning the surplus adhesive off the door I had a smooth surface onto which I then applied more adhesive

IMG_1462

The second magnet was them positioned on the new adhesive and secured in place using yet more duct tape.

IMG_1464

All this adhesive should have set in time for our nightly shower.

After lunch I walked into Rugby and collected the Ebay tweezers from Argos.  Now I can make a start on the watch.  Of course it has again started working! Smile

PS.  Jan said that as I’ve made the shower messy, I can clean it!

No comments :