Looking out the porthole this morning it was if the weather couldn’t make up its mind. However the rain held off so we moved onto the water point and filled the almost empty tank. Three people certainly consume more water than two! The move was slightly complicated be cause the blunt end was leading. Actually what was a slightly complicated manoeuvre because even more complicated when Jan noticed six traffic cones in the bridge hole. Just to be safe I had to pass under the bridge in neutral.
On reaching our new mooring the wheelbarrow tyres were extracted from the bow locker and used the hold Waiouru away from the bank. Jan went off to the shops for some retail therapy whilst Daniel headed for his driving lesson. Meanwhile the idiot on the boat sanded down the primer patches between the gunwale and the waterline before wiping the entire area down to remove the dust.
After lunch one coat of gloss black was applied. The finish reminded me just how bad a painter I am. It’s obvious I’m impatient because there is nothing slow and deliberate about my brush strokes. The primer can be seen through the gloss black top coat which means another coat of black will be required. At least this part of the task isn’t unexpected!
The more I look at the boat; the more rust spots I find! If the weather stays fine I might be able to lightly sand the new black paint and apply the second coat before the
rain hot weather arrives in the afternoon.