Ultimately all this computer code is down to + and – pulses of electricity. So no Blogger “bug” is going to deter me from achieving my objective. I have found a way around the problem of not being able to rename blogs in our Blog List. If you are viewing our actual blog rather than using a Reader you will see the names have been altered.
The “work-around” involved the use of Google Reader. The first step was to ensure I had subscribed in Reader to all the blogs on our Blog List. The next step was to rename the blogs in Reader. The third step was to go to our blog and delete all the names in the Blog List. Finally, all the blogs were imported into the Blog List using the “Blogs I am following” option in the Blogger Template by ticking all the blog names to be imported.
Note: They had already been imported when the above screen dump was taken.
Google Reader then transferred them to our Blog List. A point worth noting for those using Blogger is the program didn’t like me using the ampersand symbol (&) instead of “and”. If the symbol is used then the name is displayed as text amp&text instead of text & test. To rectify this I went back to Reader and replace all the “&” with “and” and re-imported the blogs.
If you are regularly reading our blog and have one of your own which isn’t on our Blog List; then please let me know (along with the hyperlink) and it will be included. If your name is misspelt or missing then please let me know and I’ll amend the list.